[ltk-user] Grid question

Bill ramsayw1 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 10 13:26:19 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm new to Ltk.   I seem to get it to work fine and have seen enough to
want to really get familiar with it.  However, I have a few questions
about the layout managers.   Basically, I want to be able to place
things anywhere on the screen and have them stay relative to one another
when the screen  is resized.

When creating a grid, who owns it?    If I want a frame to be a grid of
four by four and to place buttons at 1,0  and 2,3, how is that done?
It seems that when I try this the first button goes to 0,0 and the
second button to 1,1.

Also, how do you create an empty frame of a specific size?    Or a nil
(*tk*) window of a specific size?

And, lastly, are there any more complex examples I can look at?

Thanks,

Bill