[log5-devel] Announce : log5 version 0.2.1

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Tue Feb 20 19:35:27 UTC 2007

As Michael Price has already noticed (sorry Michael), log5 version
0.2.1 has been released. This version brings some speed improvements
(as discussed on [unCLog][log5-speed]) *and* a minor change in API. I
decided that it was a bag-thing to have the name of sender be
unevaluated since sometimes you want to make up the name at run time.
In practice this means that calls to

     (start-sender foo ...)

must change to

     (start-sender 'foo ...)

Ditto for calls to stop-sender. My apologies for not making this
change more clear. I'll probably do the same thing to the output and
message specs (i.e., change the API, not do it unannounced! < smile >)

  [log5-speed]: http://metabang.com/unclogit/?p=79
--
Gary Warren King, metabang.com
Cell: (413) 885 9127