Re: [log4cl-devel] logging levels

Rafał Strzaliński nablaone at o2.pl
Thu Mar 11 13:59:26 UTC 2004

---- Wiadomość Oryginalna ----
Od: Lam <lam at tuxfamily.org>
Do: log4cl-devel at common-lisp.net
Data: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 19:03:53 +0100
Temat: Re: [log4cl-devel] logging levels

>Marco Baringer <mb at bese.it> writes:
>
>> i was looking at the implementation of logging levels, i think it
>> would be a better idea to assign each level a number this would be
>> much faster than the current list based implementation, when we
add or
>> remove levels we can just update the numbers associated with each
>> level. what do you think?
>
>Currently levels are defined like this :
>
>(defparameter *levels* '(:debug :info :warning :error :fatal))
>
>would you like to create a such structure like this :
>
>(defparameter *levels*
>              '((:debug . 1)
>                (:info . 2)
>                (:warning . 3)
>                (:error . 4)
>                (:fatal . 5)))

I prefer using symbol properties to things like that.

Example code (not tested):

(defun update-level-symbols-properties ()
  (let ((level 0))
    (dolist (i *levels*)
      (setf (get i 'log4cl-level) (incf level)))))

(defun level> (a b)
  (> (get a 'log4cl-level) (get b 'log4cl-level))

--
Pozdrawiam, Rafal Strzalinski (nabla)
http://nabla.prv.pl