[local-time-devel] Proposed function: TIMESTAMP-ADD-DURATION

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Wed May 5 16:36:31 UTC 2010

> I have a need to add a duration (as a number of seconds) to a
> TIMESTAMP--a function that is complementary to TIMESTAMP-DIFFERENCE.
> TIMESTAMP+ with a unit of :SEC doesn't work for me, because:

i'm more and more convinced that timestamp+, and some other operations
for the matter, are simply a bad idea.

a timestamp is a sharp cut on the timeline of the universe, and it has
nothing to do with days, months, and any other calendar related values
(except when you want to denote a timestamp in a way humans
understand).

please read the TODO file in the repo for more details. i'm planning
to implement those changes, although they are controversial enough
that i won't push them to the official repo, only make them public in
our branch for review.

--
 attila