[local-time-devel] using get-universal-time insteasd of gettimeofday

Antony Sequeira antony.sequeira at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 19:11:24 UTC 2009

Hi

I tried to use local-time with CCL on windows vista 64
"Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.3-r11936  (WindowsX8664)! "

And ran into
? (local-time:now)
> Error: Can't resolve foreign symbol "gettimeofday"
> While executing: CCL::RESOLVE-EEP, in process listener(1).
> Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> Type :? for other options.
1 >

I posted on cll and was suggested to ask CCL  mailing list

But I thought I'd ask here first since I feel requiring CCL to provide
gettimeofday  on windows may be asking too much

Basically I was wondering if it's easy to fix local-time to *fall
back* to using the CL standard
get-universal-time
for this purpose

I am also curious as to why gettimeofday is used instead of get-universal-time

-Antony