[local-time-devel] Questions & minor Clozure CL/OpenMCL issue

Daniel Lowe dlowe at bitmuse.com
Tue Jul 22 13:48:52 UTC 2008

> Ah yes, I totally did not see the 1.0 branch anywhere. Is discussion
> going on somewhere else or is there just person-to-person mails going
> around between developers?

irc://irc.freenode.net/#lisp mostly.  Attila Lendvai is, as far as I know, the
only other real user of the library.

> That's what I like about Joda-Time's approach; a clear separation
> between intervals (two time-stamps), durations (a duration of time in
> milliseconds) and periods (in terms of 'human' fields; 2 days and 4 hours).
>
> My experience has been that this seems to be a very clean and correct
> way to handle date/time calculations and also maps nicely to ISO 8601
> durations/periods and intervals which are commonly used in databases and
> XML as well.

I'll make sure to look at Joda-Time, then.  It's always nice to have something
that already works to use as a reference.

> I have recorded a patch in my local repo of local-time-1.0 to make
> things compile and work on Clozure CL. I've also made local-time:now
> work with nanoseconds in Clozure CL (tested) and CMUCL (untested) using
> their ways of accessing gettimeofday. Are you interested in these and,
> if so, where should I send these patches?

Yes, we're interested.  Please post them to the local-time-devel mailing list
and we'll integrate it into the branch.

Welcome aboard. :)

: Daniel :