[local-time-devel] Questions & minor Clozure CL/OpenMCL issue

Arjan Wekking arjan at streamtech.nl
Thu Jul 10 15:44:18 UTC 2008

Hello,

While looking around for a good and hopefully actively developed CL
date/time library for our projects I kind of settled on local-time for
now. I do have a few questions regarding development and a minor issue
I'm having with Clozure CL and local-time:

1. What's up with local-time development lately? There appears to be
little activity since March.

2. The TODO mentions intervals; what plans are there to add them and
how will they be used? Have you seen the way Joda-Time defines
intervals, durations and periods? What *are* the intervals mentioned
in the TODO anyway?

3. Clozure CL does not like #.+some-constant+ and/or #.(- +some-other-
constant+) since it apparently has not yet defined constants at read
time (makes sense, perhaps). Removing #. in these cases works of
course, but I'm wondering why read-time evaluation was used and
whether I'm missing something here (they *are* constants, after all)?

4. Is (my) help welcome? If so, how can we contribute? What is the
preferred way to offer and discuss patches like my (possibly wrong)
Clozure CL fix?

I hope I do not appear too rude or anything by posing a list of
numbered questions, just trying to figure things out and hoping there
are some people active on this mailing list ;)

Thanks,
-Arjan