[local-time-devel] Re: storing in db

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 02:17:19 UTC 2007

> You can rely on the epoch not changing.  However, as a practical matter, you
> should really be using the timestamp data type of your database.

you may want to look at postmodern if you are about to use an
excellent opensource db. we have a branch that uses local-time for
dates and timestamps, not yet merged into the official. it's at
http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-dwim/darcs/postmodern/

you may also try cl-rdbms which is a server independent lib, currently
it only has an oracle and a postgres backend (using the above
mentioned postmodern).

hth,

--
 attila