[local-time-devel] &optional

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 17:10:20 UTC 2006

dear list,

i've got a local patch that converts some of the &optional (namely the
&optional timezone of encode-local-time) into &key args. the rationaly
is that i've added a &key 'into' arg to it that requests operation
without consing.

speed comes from inlining anyway, and it makes the api more flexible.

Daniel, please speek up if you are not happy with this change. i'll
push it eventually if there's no veto for long enough.

we've also added a local-time-whole-year-difference (for "how old are
you?") and a local-time-adjust-day (for stuff like give me a date
pointing to the previous monday, or +4 days).

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
 - I understand.
 - No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)