[lispy-devel] Question about installing...

Patrick Stein pat at nklein.com
Thu Dec 31 17:00:38 UTC 2009

I'd suggest something like this in Lispy-0.5/specials.lisp:

(defun find-lispy ()
   #+asdf (asdf:component-pathname (asdf:find-system 'lispy nil))
   #-asdf (parse-namestring *load-truename*))

Then, using (find-lispy) in place of (parse-namestring
*load-truename*) in the defvar of *lispy-pathname*.

This gets around the fact that asdf-binary-locations may completely
disassociate the install directory from the place where the compiled
files get loaded from.

This works for me with both SBCL and Clozure (ccl) on MacOSX.

ttyl,
Patrick