[lisppaste-requests] lisppaste bot

Brian Mastenbrook brian at mastenbrook.net
Fri Aug 17 15:28:13 UTC 2012

On Aug 17, 2012, at 9:57 AM, Josh Feinstein wrote:

> Is the lisppaste bot purposely absent from its usual channels on
> freenode (such as #emacs) or has something gone haywire?  The
> in-channel announcements of new pastes is quite handy and it would be
> nice to have working again.

Hi Josh,

It's "purposefully absent" in the sense that I lack the time to tend to the bot. I think someone else restarts it on occasion. I tried for a long time to solicit volunteers to help, but eventually gave up on that too. As of now, it's basically bit-rotting until it does something that causes me to spend more time on it than it would take to shut it down.

Brian

--
Brian Mastenbrook
brian at mastenbrook.net