[lisppaste-requests] nameserving of alu.org, lisp.org

Nick Levine ndl at ravenbrook.com
Tue Aug 26 12:19:17 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm writing to advise you that the name service for alu.org and
lisp.org will be temporarily transferred later this week from Franz to
Ravenbrook in the UK. This allow me to get on with some work on the
ALU's web services without that 8 hour time delay between me and Franz
introducing any more delays.

The new name servers are:

     v.ns.ravenbrook.com has address 193.164.110.13
     r.ns.ravenbrook.com has address 193.164.110.8

These servers are already "serving" the domains (although they don't
have "authority" yet) so you can if you like check (e.g. dig) that
you're happy that your site is going to be correctly name-served.

I'll mail you again when the switch has been thrown. I expect the
change to be seemless. Famous last words? In the event of crisis,
phone me.

- nick

+ 44 1223 519 215 (work)
+ 44 7745 204 795 (mobile)