[lisp-interface-library-devel] Interface design

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 02:03:58 UTC 2012

I invited Jason Aeschliman to join us.
He has been doing some good interface design at
https://github.com/jaeschliman/com.clearly-useful.generic-collection-interface/
and I think it would be great to move that design to LIL.

(Jason, can you read this message?)

A few remarks, though:

* I hadn't thought about recognizers, but Jason did
 that's his :eponymous-method t statements.
 Now that I think of it, recognizers, like constructors,
 require special treatment in OO style, unlike in IPS.
 I'm adding a note in the TODO file about that;
 I need to somehow enhance my linear type system to handle this case.

* The most developed actual data structure library currently is
 cl-containers. There are also mixin libraries for Scala
 (they call them "traits"), and possibly Clojure, Haskell, etc.
 It might be a good idea that whoever develops our interfaces
 had a thought about compatibility with these existing interfaces
 (lots of not-so-sexy work, Sigh).

If this country is worth saving, it's worth saving at a profit. — H. L. Hunt
This country can only be saved if it can be saved at a profit. — Patri Friedman