[lisp-hh] Building a database of Lisp users

Arthur Lemmens alemmens at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 18 11:50:18 UTC 2004

Hi,

The Lisp community is growing rapidly. In order to support this growth,
the ALU (Association of Lisp Users) is building a database of all people
and organizations with an interest in Lisp. This information will be
published on the ALU site (http://www.alu.org). You can find a list of
the questionnaires we've received so far at
http://www.xs4all.nl/~alemmens/alu/database.

We hope that this information will help Lispers to get an answer to
questions like:

  - Are there other Lispers in the region I live in?
    If so, how many? How can I contact them?
  - Which other Lispers are working in my fields of interest?
  - Where can I find programmers who can write or maintain Lisp
    software for my organization?
  - Where can I find organizations that are hiring Lisp programmers?
  - What Lisp activities are taking place in my neighbourhood?

Hopefully, we can also use this information to dispel the myth that
nobody is using Lisp.

If you have any interest in Lisp, we would appreciate it very much if
you could fill in the following questionnaire. The information you
supply will be processed by humans before we pass it on to computers,
so please feel free to ignore any questions that you don't want to
answer or to answer questions that we didn't think of asking.

Thank you very much.

Arthur Lemmens,

Association of Lisp Users