[lisp-game-dev] my game

Aaron Maus aaronmaus at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 01:50:10 UTC 2010

Alrighty.  Here's what I've been able to come up with in a month's time.
SUPER Bourtange! (not to be confused with Schell's "Bourtange")  The source
is here:  http://github.com/lostandsupine/super-bourtange

I wrote it in clisp, on a netbook running windows, using cl-opengl.  I had a
really fun time making this.  Seems like most of my lisp projects never get
finished, so it's nice to have an external deadline to keep me on track.

It's a very asteroidsy space defense game.  Asteroids fall down, and you
have to shoot them.  You've got guns, missiles that follow a parabolic path,
and a whole menu full of upgrades.

This was my first experience with collision-detection, and rather than do
any research I just made my own from scratch.  It doesn't seem very
efficient, but it works on a small scale game such as this.

Anyway, thanks to the hosts of ILGE 2010, and thanks to Schell for telling
me that this was going on in the first place!
-aaron