[lisp-game-dev] Gamemacs: an idea for a modular, extensible, capable and easy to use game-development IDE

Joop Kiefte ikojba at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 21:37:18 UTC 2010

Mockup ready. It looks more like a graph but it works to make my idea clear.

The idea is to have 2 modes, code mode and graphical mode. In the graphical
mode, Gamemacs reads your code and based on the defuns, defrooms, defsprites
and whatever it creates a list for each in a nice attractive way, where you
can click through to edit the form of that resource in a way that is good
for that resource, for example a level editor. I think it would be perfect
if you can just define new forms for example to edit images (sprites),
tilemaps, levels, objects, functions, maybe even a tool to aid in creating
macros, and all tiling up side by side in a sliding view.

Please comment on this idea :)