[lisp-game-dev] Hello

Sampo Vuori sampo at vuoret.net
Sat Nov 17 15:43:47 UTC 2007

Hi fellow Lispers!

Since this is my first post on the list let me introduce myself. I'm
Sampo Vuori, 29 years old guy from Finland.  I have been fooling
around with Lisp (and a lot of other langs as well) for years. Not a
long time ago I finally got a Lisp-based project started and nearly
finished as well. It isn't anything big but not a hello world either.

Now that I got started I began to wonder if it'd be finally time to
make one of the long-time dreams come true and write my own mud. I
have been playing them for a long time and from time to time I decide
to write my own, so I download a pile of codebases, drivers,
libraries, rummage through them and finally get depressed by licenses,
language choices, design choices etc. etc. and finally give up and
just continue playing the muds.

I see that Lisp actually has a lot of stuff in the language / design
that'd help writing a mud so I thought.. maybe there already is/are a
project whose goal is to write a Lisp -based mud (driver). I'd really
like to get involved. If not, maybe someone who sees this will be
interested and we can start one.

- Sampo

--
Not all who wander are lost -- J.R.R. Tolkien