[lift-devel] ECL can't compile reports.lisp: Iteration in LOOP follows body code.

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Mon Jan 9 11:23:24 UTC 2012

When running tests of some Lift-using libraries,
ECL fails to compile fle dev/reports.lisp with the following error:

Iteration in LOOP follows body code.
Current LOOP context: LIFT::FOR (LIFT::SUITE LIFT::TEST-NAME LIFT::DATUM) = (FIRST REST) DO.

I googled for this error message, and found the following thread:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.ecl.general/3344.

If I understand correctly, loops like this

    (loop for rest = tests then (rest rest)
       while rest
       for (suite test-name datum) = (first rest) do

are violating the standard (according Juan Jose), because the "for" clause follows the "while".

Best regards,
- Anton