[lift-devel] License

Stephen Wilson wilsons at start.ca
Tue Oct 21 20:59:35 UTC 2008

Gary,

Gary King <gwking at metabang.com> writes:
> Does it matter one way or the other that the U-Mass copyright only runs until
> 2004?

>From my understanding the license terms hold for the duration of the copyright,
which varies among jurisdictions (often 50 or 70 years after the copyright
holders death).  However, IANAL, so my understanding is worth very little.

> If not, then I will try to re-release with a more BSD license.

That would be terrific!  I think it would be generally useful to have Lift under
a 'standard' free software license.

Thanks for looking into this!

Steve