[lift-devel] Re: lift, tinaa

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Mon Jul 23 17:25:54 UTC 2007

(cc'd to list)

> Hi Gary,
>
> LIFT:   addtest produces this error:
>
>   Condition: Undefined function LIFT::TOTAL-BYTES-ALLOCATED called
> with arguments ().
>
> file port.lisp lacks a defun for lispworks. My replacement was
>
> #+lispworks
> (defun total-bytes-allocated ()
>   (hcl:total-allocation))
>
> hcl:total-allocation sounds applicable from its name but I do not know
> whether this is your intention. I wasn't even able to find
> sys::gsgc-totalloc-bytes in the ACL documentation...

Hi Frank,

I've added this to LIFT as part of version 1.3.4. Thanks very much.
The Lisp standard is unfortunately quiet about some things that would
be really helpful (such as being able to programatically ask about
consing!) To be honest, I'm not completely sure about gsgc-totalloc-
bytes either but it seems to do the trick!

thanks again,
--
Gary Warren King, metabang.com
Cell: (413) 885 9127