[lift-devel] Re: LIFT questions

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Fri Feb 23 15:18:44 UTC 2007

(cc'ing the list)

On Feb 22, 2007, at 9:38 AM, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:

> 1.  Is this a sign I've set up my test wrong?
>
>  |-- (in macroexpansion of (DEFMETHOD LIFT::MAKE-SINGLE-PROTOTYPE
> # ...))
>  |   (hint: For more precise location, try *BREAK-ON-SIGNALS*.)
>  |   can't find type for presumed class TEST-ASSESSMENT in
>  |   SB-PCL::PARAMETER-SPECIALIZER-DECLARATION-IN-DEFMETHOD.

I'm not sure. Something is certainly not quite right. Can you send me
the form that generates the message?

> 2.  Also, I have a trivial suggestion for you... and I *do* mean
> trivial...
>
> I've found that in documentation strings, the names of the
> arguments to
> the function (and often any other lisp symbols) are often capitalized.
> I've been doing this myself, and found it quite useful:
>
> (defun foo (bar baz)
>   "FOO takes a BAR and frobs it, especially if BAZ is greater than
> 42."
>   .
>   .
> )

I do think that this is a good idea but I'm not sure when it will
happen. It's also more likely that I'd write the arguments using
Markdown syntax (e.g., `foo`) though I'm not sure: this is worse for
interaction but better for document production.
--
Gary Warren King, metabang.com
Cell: (413) 885 9127