[kpax-devel] KPAX SBCL bug and S-HTTP-SERVER bug with fixes

Hargobind Khalsa khalsah at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 01:11:15 UTC 2008

While experimenting with KPAX under SBCL I ran into two problems.

I'm quite new to lisp, so I hope my descriptions of the problem make sense.

First is that when serving static content the server would fail with a
message about not a binary stream.
After poking around for a while the problem appears to be in s-sysdeps
in the functions start-standard-server and open-socket-stream.
In both cases the call to sb-bsd-sockets:socket-make-stream is passed
":element-type 'character" to function properly this needs to be
changed to ":element-type :default" (so that sbcl creates a Bivalent
stream).

Secondly when I ran the kpax examples the css wouldn't show up. The
fix to this was simply to add ("css" "text/css") to the list of mime
types in s-http-server.

-- Hargobind Khalsa