[kpax-devel] class and id for generated web form fields

Maciej Katafiasz mathrick at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 14:01:10 UTC 2007

Hello,

I've been playing with KPAX, and so far it works pretty nicely (save
for a couple of SLIME and misc issues I will be detailing in another
email). However, I've now arrived to the point where I'd like to use
DEFWEBFORM'd forms. It all looks very nice, but it seems that default
renderers have no ability to specify arbitrary attributes, in
particular that means no way to specify `class' and `id' for elements,
and that makes attaching CSS hard.

So, is there an easy way to attach those attributes to fields I'm
missing? I am aware I can elect to use my own renderers, but I really
don't want to recreate all that logic. Looking at the definitions of
generate-text-area and friends, there's no way to inject any more
parameters than they're already taking. In case it really needs
hacking on KPAX source, is there any obvious approach? And what
sources/version should I use as the basis? My installation of KPAX
reports "$Id: nkpax.asd,v 1.26 2004/11/10 15:20:55 sven Exp $", but
that's an obvious lie, in any case it was asdf-installed 2 days ago.

Cheers,
Maciej