[kpax-devel] Problem with s-http-client

Sven Van Caekenberghe scaekenberghe at common-lisp.net
Mon Jun 19 12:27:07 UTC 2006

On 18 Jun 2006, at 08:19, bsd1628 wrote:

> bsd1628 wrote:
>> Client locks up and never returns from call
>> when doing
>> (do-http-request "http://www.supelec.fr/docs/cltl/clm/clm.html")
>> other sites seem to work fine.
>> what could be the problem here?
>
> Let me add that this is using SBCL 0.9.12 under Linux
> and the darcs version of s-http-client and other required
> packages.
>
> Also (:method :head) locks up with other sites as well
> and seems less reliable.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.

As mentioned on the list, I made some recent changes to the mechanism
by which lines are read in both s-http-client and server; although
they did work for me (lispworks), maybe they broke things on other
platforms.

Maybe, Friedrich can help you, since he is using SBCL daily, I think ...

I will be looking into this later, after installing ASDF-Binary-
Locations to remove the FASL conflicts of using many lisp
implementation - I will then try sbcl; but even then, I might not be
able to help you since my platform (mac os x) doesn't equal yours;
and sbcl does not have the same feature set on all platforms.

Stay tuned!

Sven