[kpax-devel] Re: Patch to s-sysdeps for better SBCL support

Sven Van Caekenberghe scaekenberghe at common-lisp.net
Tue Jan 10 22:26:12 UTC 2006

Hi Ari,

On 10 Jan 2006, at 18:51, Ari Johnson wrote:

> The attached file is a patch (with instructions to apply using patch
> -p1) to your s-sysdeps library.  The file includes notes about the
> parts that don't work in SBCL 0.8.16 (which is what my Debian 'sarge'
> installation runs) and thus need to be commented out.  I made these
> changes in order to get s-sysdeps working sufficiently with SBCL
> 0.8.16 to run KPAX on my server.
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> Ari Johnson
> <s-sysdeps.ari.sb-thread.patch>

Thanks for your patches.

I did not take them over litterally because I worked on S-SYSDEPS
just yesterday,
and already added some sbcl specific code contributed by others to
other projects.

You didn't use the name argument when creating a new process.
You are using a different locking primitive (with-mutex vs with-
recursive-lock), which is the right one ?

Thanks for the testing and feedback,

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe - http://homepage.mac.com/svc
Beta Nine - software engineering - http://www.beta9.be

"Lisp isn't a language, it's a building material." - Alan Kay