Trying to fix the GitLab CI pipeline

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed Dec 14 22:09:19 UTC 2022

I have been trying to repair the GitLab CI, and I'm stuck on clasp.

Whatever I try to do with clasp docker images -- and I've tried the
clfoundation ones, the clasp-devel ones and even made one myself -- I
get an error in the GitLab pipeline trying to start up the image.  For
example:

```
Using docker image
sha256:5880b3b4b01af70bcf79360e28e2e9e6adbfe9599f6fc61b6815a9ebac6aea7c
for rpgoldman/clasp-for-iterate:latest with digest
rpgoldman/clasp-for-iterate at sha256:31d928fe1cd7e3419daf79610babe0a75d2aa7eddf34d85cc75d11831e302967
shell not found
```

See [this pipeline
transcript](https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/rgoldman/iterate/-/jobs/42061)

This is a *stellar* error message! ;-)

Anyone know what it means? I did some googling, but no dice.

I have tried firing up this image myself and then running `make test
l=clasp` in it, and the test works fine.  So it's something about the
interaction between the docker image and GitLab but I have no idea WTF
that could be.

Any suggestions? Or do I just need to give up testing on clasp?  I don't
want to do that, but it seems a lot better to test iterate on n - 1 lisp
implementations than to test it on zero implementations.

Thanks!