How do people feel about making a release?

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Thu Sep 9 00:03:44 UTC 2021

I was thinking we could tag the current master as 1.6.0 and call it a
release.  I hate to leave people -- especially people who get their copy
of iterate from quicklisp -- stuck using a version of iterate that has
known bugs for which a fix has been committed.

I would bump the current version number to 1.6.0 to indicate that there
are new features but that we are backward-compatible.

Note that we now warn on the use of `count`, but I would argue that
emitting a warning isn't a true backwards incompatibility, and the new
state of `iterate` doesn't seem to warrant calling it 2.0

Thoughts?  Anyone even read this mailing list?