Test status

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed Jan 24 21:22:56 UTC 2018

On 24 Jan 2018, at 15:09, Robert Goldman wrote:

> I was just testing out the version of ITERATE with Ilya's new fixes.
> Question: what do we expect to happen when `ASDF:TEST-SYSTEM` is run
> on iterate?  I see 8 test failures, on ACL 10.1, as follows:
>
> ```
> 8 out of 267 total tests failed: ITERATE.TEST::ALWAYS.FINALLY,
>    ITERATE.TEST::NEVER.FINALLY, ITERATE.TEST::THEREIS.FINALLY,
>    ITERATE.TEST::CODE-MOVEMENT.ELSE,
>    ITERATE.TEST::CODE-MOVEMENT.FINALLY,
>    ITERATE.TEST::CODE-MOVEMENT.FINALLY-PROTECTED,
>    ITERATE.TEST::BUG/WALK.2, ITERATE.TEST::BUG/COLLECT-AT-BEGINNING.
> ```
>
> Is there some way for us to tell whether this is a regression, or if
> these are all known issues?  I figure the tests prefixed with `BUG/`
> are probably known failures, but what about the other 6?
>
> Would it be possible to put a list of canonical test results on the
> iterate project page?
>
> Thanks!

If it helps, my antique version of iterate failed only with these two:
```
2 out of 263 total tests failed: ITERATE.TEST::BUG/WALK.2,
    ITERATE.TEST::BUG/COLLECT-AT-BEGINNING.
```
... but that old version does not have `ALWAYS.FINALLY`,
`NEVER.FINALLY`, or `THEREIS.FINALLY`.  Still, it had
`CODE-MOVEMENT.FINALLY` and `CODE-MOVEMENT.FINALLY-PROTECTED`, so those
two tests look like a regression to me.

Best,