[iterate-devel] Texinfo version of The Iterate Manual

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Wed Apr 25 14:04:58 UTC 2007

Hi,

Luis Oliveira asks:
>Will you edit the LaTeX or the Texinfo version of the manual? :-)
I was waiting for this one :-)

I've now looked at your work, it looks impressive. I'm very thankful that you included a link to a directory with many output formats.
>http://common-lisp.net/~loliveira/tmp/iterate-manual/

I was afraid that the printable output would not look good, as I feel it's important that there continues to be a nicely printed description of Iterate, i.e. which does not look like the output of the print menu of a web browser. Quite to the contrary, the PS and PDF output look great!

Oh, I just saw that you also translated the "don't loop, iterate" paper. Great job!
I suggest you change the title page to mention that both papers are contained.

So the above are excellent reasons to switch.

However, some details got lost in the translation. E.g. iterate.dvi §3.3 reads "Note that the pati ..." which looks like a typo.
Looking up the original dvi/ps/pdf, it used to say "pat{subscript]i", which was clearly related to the previous "pat[subscript:]1, pat[subscript:]2" in the text.
Is there a way to re-establish such items? HTML knows about subscripting, TeX of course knows, does Info handle that?

Regards,
	Jörg Höhle.