[iterate-devel] Re: handler-bind macroexpansion and special operators (fwd)

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Mon Jan 17 09:20:42 UTC 2005

Thomas F. Burdirck writes:
>For a fix to the immediate problem, why not change the syntax of
>sys::%handler-bind to match normal function call syntax:
>  (%handler-bind body-thunk 'condition1 handler1 'condition2
>handler2 ...)

This is an excellent idea! It goes well with the thought expressed by Duane Rettig (IIRC) in the recent thread that I started in comp.lang.lisp that it's important to know about evaluation rules of special forms.

If it looks like a function call, it will work well with analyzing (XREF style) code walkers, and might work with rewriting (Iterate style) code walkers.

Regards,
	Jorg Hohle