[iterate-devel] Re: handler-bind macroexpansion and special operators (fwd)

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Fri Jan 14 10:00:40 UTC 2005

Hi,

Sam Steingold wrote:
>The only place where it occurs is HANDLER-BIND which is a standard
>macro though, so I suggest that ITERATE handles HANDLER-BIND specially,
>not via MACROEXPAND.
That's indeed needed for Iterate, ouch!
But that's only one issue.

Every program or library which does code-walking and comes across IGNORE-ERRORS or HANDLER-BIND in CLISP will barf on this.

Having a useful response from SPECIAL-OPERATOR-P would at least help these to correctly recognize the situation at hand.
Which is the second issue: I believe a bug in CLISP's special-operator-p.

Regards,
	Jorg Hohle