[iterate-devel] prerelease (was: Macroexpansion, bindings and information flow)

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Tue Nov 16 16:54:25 UTC 2004

Andreas,

>I think I'll integrate your patches (& make a new release, perhaps
>1.1pre1?) tomorrow, btw.
Thanks for doing it so fast. It helps me since I have been delaying making changes to all files since I sent you the patches. I only added small notes to a separate file.
As soon as you'll have it out, I can add further patches.

I'd call it an interim release, because IMHO the next release must restore the iterate-1.2 behaviour of looking at the specials it knows to handle first, then macroexpand. As I reported, the present order causes uncontrolled behaviour (for example in CLISP).

And I suggest you name it 1.3preX
                            ^
-- am I right that J. Amsterdam's last version was 1.2?

BTW, I tested it with Corman 2.01 (2.5 is current).
As a result, I made a note to avoid using ~< (pretty printer) in the error messages. Old errors don't make use of them either, so it can be seen as a matter of code consistency.

Regards,
	Jorg Hohle