[Iolib-devel] Thread Safe

FAU fau at riseup.net
Fri Oct 24 20:08:09 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm curious about Iolib.  I've been looking into ways to do multiplexing
IO in common lisp.  I know how I would do that in traditional (Unix) C
via non-blocking IO and select().

I've admittedly not read the manual as of yet.  It seems that Iolib has
something like an event loop which probably invokes user specified
callbacks for IO ready streams/fds.

Now I'm wondering, is the event loop thread safe?  Is there still a way
to use something like the traditional select() call (which basically
means not to use the event loop and determine the readiness of
stream/fds the old fashioned way)?

Thanks,
Frank