[iolib-devel] Upcoming changes

Stelian Ionescu sionescu at cddr.org
Tue Sep 7 22:37:14 UTC 2010

Little by little I'll start shoving all syscall-related compatibility
code into a C library called libfixposix -
http://gitorious.org/libfixposix/libfixposix - on which iolib will
depend.

I've decided to do it mainly because writing OS compatibility code is
much easier in C and with the use of autoconf and because CFFI .so
wrappers cause problems with deployment/static executables.

Until this is finished, sources will be a little unstable so please
stick with the 0.7.0 release, or if you feel adventurous test
libfixposix and iolib, especially on *BSD and OSX.

--
Stelian Ionescu a.k.a. fe[nl]ix
http://common-lisp.net/project/iolib