[iolib-devel] send-to question

Peter Keller psilord at cs.wisc.edu
Sun Mar 14 07:23:23 UTC 2010

Hello,

Under what situations does IOLib's send-to fail on a TCP socket and how
does it fail?

An example for a TCP receive-from is when it tries to read from a closed
connection it returns 0 bytes--as oposed to read-line from a closed
connection which results in a signaled END-OF-FILE condition.

write-line will produce a hangup on a closed connection remotely, but
what will send-to do on a closed connection remotely? Return 0? Signal
a HANGUP? In practice it seems to "write" however many bytes I asked it
to the nonexistent client and return the number of bytes written. I was
expecting a signaled HANGUP instead. What's the deal?

Thank you.

-pete