[iolib-devel] fd handlers

Peter Keller psilord at cs.wisc.edu
Mon Feb 1 02:15:52 UTC 2010

Hello,

Is there a means by which a handler registered with set-io-handler can be
"deactivated" so that it isn't considered in the fd set being checked and
"reactivated" later to be put back into the fd set? I ask because I might not
have access to the function which I want associated, say with a write handler,
but when the buffer the write handler is writing is empty. If the write
handler is always activated on an empty buffer solely because it is in the
write handler callback, then that is a performance problem.

Thank you.

-pete