[iolib-devel] asd files move to src/

Stelian Ionescu stelian.ionescu-zeus at poste.it
Wed Feb 18 21:38:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 03:16 -0500, Matthew Mondor wrote:
> Hi again and thanks for commiting the diffs,
>
> Will official releases still have the asd files at the top level like
> other asdf packages?

Yes - for personal æesthetic reasons: I want the top directory do be
uncluttered

> A script adding all the first level package directories to
> asdf:*central-registry* can no longer work with iolib >0.6.0 unless it
> also locates asd files or unless I "mv src/* ." for instance.

I don't like very much the use of a script to automatically add
directories to asdf:*central-registry* . In case of your development
machine you're much better off with using a single directory + symlinks,
and in case of automatic deployment I think that keeping an explicit
MANIFEST file containing the path of all enabled .asd files is much
better.

--
Stelian Ionescu a.k.a. fe[nl]ix