[iolib-devel] compilation error

Peter Keller psilord at cs.wisc.edu
Sun Dec 27 03:50:00 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 10:36:48PM +0100, Stelian Ionescu wrote:
> > Now, a question, is there a means by which I can have iomux:event-dispatch
> > return control to me for a while at specified intervals, and then go
> > back to multiplexing i/o? This would allow me to not have to put the
> > server machinery into the read/write functions on the streams themselves
> > or be beholden to my processing only on communication boundaries. If I
> > can get a single threaded solution, then I wouldn't have to worry about
> > the usual things with threads concerning data races and whatnot.
>
> (event-dispatch *base* :one-shot t)

Two questions, A. will returning from the event-dispatch function using
the above close all connections in the mean time, and B. why is it bad
architecture (at least it feels like it) to put my server's background
work as the timeout code path of make-listener-handler and set the
timeout to something like .01?

Also, I could be potentially sending megabytes to gigabytes of data back
and forth between the clients and server, so I assume there a nonblocking
interface to reading and writing the stream in an unsigned byte sequence
oriented fashion once established?

Thank you.

-pete