[iolib-devel] compilation error

Peter Keller psilord at cs.wisc.edu
Fri Dec 25 01:19:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 10:04:02PM +0100, Stelian Ionescu wrote:
> That's UTF-8 for #\« and #\». You can make SBCL user UTF-8 by default:
> either use a UTF-8 locale or add
> (setf sb-impl::*default-external-format* :utf-8) to your ~/.sbclrc

This fixed seemed to work. Thank you.

After a long bout of experimenting with the very reasonable tool
clbuild and some gnashing of teeth at Limp, the SLIME equivalent for vim,
I now have my workflow back up with the newest sbcl.

So, after all that, now I have to check out to see if the echo-server.lisp
program works. :)

Thank you.

-pete