[iolib-devel] Re: A patch...

Stelian Ionescu sionescu at common-lisp.net
Wed Apr 18 12:47:24 UTC 2007

On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 09:21:59PM -0400, Faré wrote:
>On 15/04/07, Luis Oliveira <luismbo at gmail.com> wrote:
>>"Faré" <fahree at gmail.com> writes:
>>>Since Stelian looks busy and that GSoC means there will be activity
>>>on
>>>IOLib, here's my current patch to IOLib, it contains:
>>>* character output for socket streams
>>>* character peek and unread for socket streams
>>>* support for EINTR in iomux event selection
>>>* support for retrying with a timeout in general
>>Thanks!  You forgot to attach the patch though.
>Hear hear! I am sure you are not stopped by such trifles.
committed except for the EINTR repeat code which I've rewritten to be
more suitable for the specific case of calls to polling functions:
basically when EINTR is caught and the deadline(in absolute time) is
reached the timeout is set to 0 and the loop continues instead of
signaling a timeout error.

--
(sign :name "Stelian Ionescu" :aka "fe[nl]ix"
      :quote "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.")