[imp-hackers] Common test suite

Ville Voutilainen ville.voutilainen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 15:44:45 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 6:37 PM, Sam Steingold<sds at gnu.org> wrote:
> I am opposed to ansi-cl-tests being co-hosted with _any_ implementation.
> I do think clocc is quite suitable as an umbrella project for ansi-cl-tests.
> I do NOT insist on it however, and if someone (anyone, we need a consensus here)
> has a problem with that, I am all for creating a separate project.

The thing is, we

1) already have a separate project
2) on a site that within reasonable limits is accessible to all
3) using an adequate version control system

As a bonus point, the tests on cl-net benefit from other lisp things
being hosted there.
That may be a small benefit.

Thus I fail to see why any move to sourceforge or savannah, in
addition to creating
a new project, would make much difference. I'm not married to cl-net,
I just don't
get what the benefits of moving the test project would be.