[imp-hackers] cl-ext:exit

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 10 15:51:57 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Sam Steingold<sds at gnu.org> wrote:
> if you want "exitable threads", just wrap the thread functions in a catch:
>
> (create-thread (lambda () (catch 'exit-thread (my-func))))

The problem is that library functions can not assume that the user
does something. It is therefore important to have a function that does
the job. In the end QUIT is what we are doing

>> I am not sure this makes sense: ignore unless the user really uses :abort t
>
> I think calling exit from exit-hooks should be taken as an indicator
> of a major disaster.

Again, the second QUIT may come from a library function, which has
been called by the user exit hook.

>> Because prefixed names are interesting in order to let the user with
>> greater freedom.
>
> I cannot parse this sentence, sorry.

There were missing words. Happens when one writes emails while
watching TV :-) I mean that I very much like the choice of the SBCL
maintainers made when prefixing _all_ packages with SB-...

> however, there are no hierarchical packages in CL

ECL Supoprts hierarchical package names and some other people mimic it
with dots.

> I guess, you are just following the analogy of CL-USER...

Indeed.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC