Antik split systems

Liam Healy lhealy at common-lisp.net
Fri Dec 4 02:52:12 UTC 2015

I am planning to make a major branch merge for Antik soon which
affects Antik and GSLL users. A couple years ago I reorganized Antik
to split it up into separate systems so that, for example, if you just
want to use GSLL, it will not load some parts of Antik that GSLL
doesn't need. GSLL also split into two branches so that it could track
that Antik branch. I made all updates in the new branches, so the
master branches have not seen any progress in the last couple years.

This weekend, prior to the Quicklisp December release, I plan to merge
these branches into their respective master branches. I am sending
this email because of the user-visible changes. On the current master
branch of Antik, some global changes were made, notably to the reader,
which meant that loading Antik affected completely different systems,
which is undesirable. So, the readtable now must be changed manually
if you want to use the Antik reader macros #m (grids), #d (dates and
times), #_ (physical dimension quantities). Also,
*read-default-float-format* was set to 'double-float and this no
longer happens. As a convenience, I have defined

(set-reader)
(set-reader-in-file)

to restore the old behavior. They must be invoked manually however, in
each REPL or file (respectively) in which you want the desired reader
behavior.

In Antik, I've started to rewrite the documentation using Sphinx.
However, this effort has just begun (and there are some problems with
Sphinx I need to fix), so the texinfo documentation is still there.
All the changes related to the new branch are in the Sphinx
documentation.

Thanks,
Liam