Bugfix for gsll/data/permutations.lisp

Liam Healy lhealy at common-lisp.net
Wed Nov 25 03:16:01 UTC 2015

The original code looks right to me.

You have taken the generic function and the associated foreign vector
methods #'permute and gratuitously renamed them #'permute-vector,
leaving the method for raw C pointer with the original name and no
generic function. Then you completely delete the generic function and
vector methods for #'permute-inverse for no apparent reason, leaving a
method for the raw C pointer only.

There is no duplicated code here. There is certainly the equivalent of
gsl_permute_vector, it is the GRID:VECTOR-DOUBLE-FLOAT (second arg)
method of #'permute (which you renamed).

I recommend macroexpansion as a way of seeing what's being defined. If
you use emacs, place the cursor on the defmfun line and do C-c C-m.
Then you will see all the generic functions and methods, and you will
see there is no error in the original code.