A question about numerical-integration.lisp

Alasdair McAndrew amca01 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 10:10:38 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am using the excellent gsll package (in the first instance), to provide
an interface to quadpack for the mathematics system FriCAS.  I'm slowly
going through calculus/numerical-integration.lisp one function at a time
and writing each one into FriCAS as I go.  This means writing functions in
FriCAS's own language SPAD which interface with gsll.

This is made harder by me being a lisp newbie.

However, I've come to integration-QAGP, and I've tried to run the test
command (having first defined the function it calls).  However, all I get
is errors.

I'm using SBCL in emacs-slime, and I have installed gsll with quicklisp, so
that I can call an integration routine with

* (gsll:integration-qng (lambda (x) (exp (- (* x x)))) 0.0 1.0)

But the commands

* (defun integration-test-f454 (x)
  (* (expt x 3) (* (log (abs (* (- (expt x 2) 1.0d0) (- (expt x 2)
2.0d0)))))))

* (gsll:integration-QAGp
  'integration-test-f454
  (grid:copy-to (vector 0.0d0 1.0d0 (sqrt 2.0d0) 3.0d0))
  0.0d0 1.0d-3 1000)

just produces a long list of errors. Is "grid" a standard library, or does
it need to be loaded first?  (Told you I was a newbie...)

Thanks
Alasdair
--
[image: http://www.facebook.com/alasdair.mcandrew]