[GSLL-devel] questions/requests on foreign-array

Mirko Vukovic mirko.vukovic at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 20:35:30 UTC 2011

I am trying to make my gsd-based code to work on both sbcl (which supports
foreign-arrays) and clisp which does not.  Hence the questions/requests:

1) Foreign-array creates the `static-vectors' feature.  I want to
double-check that I can use it to test if foreign-arrays is loaded or not
(#+static-vectors or #-static-vectors).  Or should I use #+sbcl, #+clisp

2) I use the mvector class from as a method specializer for some of my
routines on sbcl.  On clisp I use vector)  Liam, please don't make mvector
go away :-)

3) Could the #m reader macro be adapted to return CL vectors and arrays if
foreign-arrays are not loaded?.  That would simplify some of my testing
routines, as the
reader macro #+clisp has to expand #m before deciding not to use it.

Right now,  for clisp I plan to define a dummy #m macro that doesn't do
anything meaningful, but allows the reader to expand into something, and
then throw it away.

Thanks,

Mirko