[GSLL-devel] FFT speed, tests

Sumant Oemrawsingh soemraws at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 3 22:09:16 UTC 2011

Hi Liam,

Today, I had some time to take a look at the (slow) speed of the FFT
tests. I found that having the tests as is and adding declarations
only gives a speed-up of (barely) 10%. I think I'll need to thoroughly
rewrite the tests to find/solve the problem. I need to do this anyway,
since a small number of tests still keeps on failing and I haven't
been able to track down _that_ problem yet.

As such, I'll begin "from scratch", rewriting each test. This might
take some time, and due to a shortage of that due to work-related
things, this might take even longer than anticipated. This situation
is quite annoying since, naturally, the FFT tests should be enabled in
the gsll-tests package, and not only for completeness. I'll do my best
allocating time to this.

Regards,
Sumant

--