[Gsll-devel] GSLL fast-fourier-transform test woes

Sumant Oemrawsingh soemraws at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 2 22:27:25 UTC 2010

Hi Liam,

After the fix that, supposedly, would let the test assertions fail
reproducibly (but didn't), I just now pushed a new version of example.lisp
that should fix the remaining problem. At least, it does so on my computer. I
consistently get a number of failed assertions that matches the expected
amount that should fail, based on the number of stride > 1 cases.

If you find that this works, I would very much like you to check the following:

1. The only real change I made was in the function test-fft-noise, in the
section that returns the backward vector. Originally, for gsl > 1.12, you did
an elt/ on a (copy backward). I replaced this with a vector/length. I don't
understand why you did a copy of backward, so I removed that. Is that correct?

2. Since I have NO idea what happens for gsl <= 1.12 and no fsbv, I just did
something which seemed right and removed the map. Is this correct?
However, while I don't know what does and doesn't work in this case, I suspect
that vector/length should work fine also for gsl <= 1.12 and no fsbv, since it
loops over the individual elements.

I hope this removes the randomness, and we can get down to "real" testing!

Regards,
Sumant

--
Sumant Oemrawsingh