[GSLL-devel] grid, foreign-array, fsbv and libffi

Sumant Oemrawsingh soemraws at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 30 16:58:36 UTC 2010

Hi Liam,

Recently, I tried getting foreign-array working on windows (with
sbcl). I noticed that foreign-array uses fsbv (apparently) and fsbv
uses libffi. I haven't dug around in the code yet, but I was wondering
if you have a quick explanation why libffi is used, and why cffi is
not sufficient. The reason I ask is because I'm wondering if it would
be possible to hack it under windows so it doesn't need libffi (which
apparently is quite difficult to get working there).

Thanks,
Sumant