[GSLL-devel] Bug or feature: grid-map and complex type destinations

Mirko Vukovic mirko.vukovic at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 21:04:16 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am reporting this in case it is a gsd bug (it must be a bug
somewhere: in my head, my setup, or gsd)

Mapping the `sqrt' function over a vector of negative numbers as follows:

grid> (map-grid :source #1m(-1d0 -2d0 -3d0)
		:element-function #'sqrt
		:destination-specification '((foreign-array 3) complex-double-float))

gives an error:

Element type COMPLEX-DOUBLE-FLOAT not permitted.
   [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

I traced it to a `make-instance' statement.

I also tried to instantiate a vector-complex-double-float object

grid> (make-instance 'vector-complex-double-float
		     :dimensions '(3)
		     :element-type 'complex-double-float)

that resulted in the same error message.

Mirko